WORCESTER WARRIORS FORUM
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Irresponsible supporters
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:08 pm 
Private
Private

Hello,

I would like to make an official complaint about dangers and often illegal car parking by Worcester Warriors supporters in the surrounding lanes and roads. I know official parking is limited, however that is no reason to allow this situation to continue. 
last night whilst going for a meal out in Worcester I had a most traumatic experience where Smite Lane was so over run with dangerously and illegally parked vehicle and supporters (even children  walking with adults!) walking along a pitch black road in dark clothing and not even the precaution of wearing something reflective, headlights were coming in the opposite direction so I almost did not see people walking with their backs towards my car, I could not believe it but luckily I was travelling at a safe speed given the circumstances to be able to avoid them.
If parking is allowed to continue in its current form along these dark lanes and the roads surrounding the stadium I fear there will be a fatal accident. The police appear to ignore the situation and the rugby club appear to neither do anything to resolve the issue nor to educate their fans as to safety nor courtesy to other road users. It is a totally preposterous situation another entertainment venue in Worcester would not be allowed to have their customers create such a potentially hazardous situation.