WORCESTER WARRIORS FORUM
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Firework Display..!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Each and every year I take my family off to the Firework Display at Sixways and each and every year we sit and watch it get worse and worse..!!

Last year we even stumpped up and took a box, served pie and mash..?? and then joined the que in complaining about the fact that we couldn't see the actual display from the box due to the roof..

Many more complained about their experiences too ranging from food bars, waiting time, seat positions and one hoped that this year the team would get it right..??

No way..!!

After listening to some 'screechy' girl screaming down the PA we sat in our seats and watched what was a pretty poor display compaired to previous years.... then... it ended.. the lights came on.. "oh is that it" I could hear around me.. "ok lets go"..

Then just as we are all the way over the other side of the roundabout getting into our cars.. did the display actually finish..!!

What a shambles.. that WILL be the last year.. sorry but it was shocking..!!

Post subject: Re: Firework Display..!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:18 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Sorry but I have to agree. I tried to convince my 11 year old son that it was worth the £18 I'd paid but on reflection, it was a bit of a shambles. We never went to the whole day event but decided to just go to the fireworks. Having arranged a sitter for the an hour or so, we plodded along in order to reach the ground for 7.30. I say plodded because every year the fireworks have been late starting and we didn't want to sit around in the cold for longer than necessary listening to 'screechy' people. No sooner than we had arrived, the first firework went off (well done sixways for being on time anyway). 15 minutes later - finished. I actually missed the finale as I was in the toilet! Next year is questionable especially as friends of mine actually went to a free one on Sunday that was 25 minutes long!

I'm beginning to wonder if Sixways has lost it's human touch and is becoming too money minded.