Next Home Match
WORCESTER WARRIORS FORUM
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: United Front
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

There is an old saying "when the going get tough, the tough get going" to echo JP's comments we need to show a united front at sixways this weekend.
I know we have alot of disappointment of late but I believe we can pull through this, we can do a Exeter get the crowd behind the crew.
If it wasn't for the ref we nearly had Tiggers so with some grit and belief we can have Saints. Cmon U Warriors

Post subject: Re: United Front
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Hear Hear!!!! #COYW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Hear, hear, 6ways fan. Percy said "I know that I give everything I can on the pitch for the supporters". I am as annoyed as anybody that there appear to be some in the squad who don't share this attitude, I am as annoyed as anybody that we have played 3 rubbish games on the trot and I am as annoyed as anybody that we are skidding along in the lower echelons.

Before calling for anybody's head, however, let's consider three questions:

1) Has our (de facto) captain JP got the right attitude?
2) Are we in a better or worse position than this time last year?
3) Was Rome built in a day?

I may be left looking a complete idiot after the next 2 home games (it's happened before) but I say let's support our team - and our coach - to the hilt until and unless we drop below last year's position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Paddy Power just had my vote of confidence. We will do Saints over this weekend. I am in no doubt :smt027

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

A nice positive thread - I will subscribe to this: I think that we can do it and endorse James Percival's call to arms.

Ever hopeful - one day it will pay dividends.

Come on you Warriors!!!! :smt027 :smt027 :smt027

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 pm 
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Yes but all the team need to have JP's attitude and play like their lives depend on it for a full 80 minutes. We did it once against Sarries when defeat would have meant we were relegated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Yes, loads, we did do it against Sarries and we can (and will) do it again. I am right behind the team and coaching staff, because I want us to improve, and believe we will. As usual, I will be shouting myself silly on Saturday, cheering the lads on to a win (hopefully!). COYW!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:28 am 
Private
Private

I won't be there and I have a ST.

I run a business and my spare time is very precious to me. I am completely frustrated with the dross being served up on the pitch and the same mistakes being made.

I will see if the team turn up and make a valued judgement whether we will implode like the game against LI at the end of last season. I have supported Worcester for many seasons and am still willing to the rest of this season but not blindlessly. Several others feel the same.

I will keep an eye on the game from elsewhere!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:31 am 
Captain
Captain

I will be there on Saturday, and I will be cheering as loudly and PASSIONATELY as I always do. I will be hoping and praying for a win (because expecting one would just be foolish!) and I will be hoping and praying for some fantastic rugby from both teams - same as every game really.

But I am not 'behind' the management or the coaching staff. I will not blindly kowtow to their mantras - not until they start to back those mantras up with actual results. It's time for the management and coaching to get behind and start supporting me!

I am only behind the badge, the ethos and the culture of what I consider the worcester warriors to be. And until I start to see every one of our 23 match day squad get behind the same badge and demonstrate the same commitment, passion and FRUSTRATION as many of the fans demonstrate through turning up week in and week out (and do it consistently), I will continue to question the approach of the coaching and management.

My absence of blind faith makes me no less of a supporter. It just highlights my determination and drive to see those who play for MY club achieve the successes (not necessarily the wins) that such a group of commited followers deserve.

It's no longer time for the 16th man to get behind the team. Saturday is an opportunity for the TEAM to get behind the 16th man. If you boys want to rekindle the fire it starts with your performances on the field not our performances in the stands. Play for 80 minutes with passion and desire and Win or Loose, you will start to regain the hearst and minds of us all. Simple really.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 am 
Private
Private

A teams support is earnt not guaranteed...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 pm 
Private
Private

As I see it this post was intended to rally support and I'm 100% behind the sentiment expressed !

Let's get behind the team and make some noise !!!!

This is not the place for the negative posts or even the semi-sceptical, you have all had your chance elsewhere and I for one think there's a time and a place for everything. Everyone has their opinions and I have no problem with that but now is not the time.

If we don't support our club in all their remaining games we will be partly to blame at the end of the year.

Definition of a supporter " an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate."

Come on you Warriors !!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

PI, I am not 'blindly' behind the coaches and team and I'm not kowtowing to anyone. What I am doing is supporting my team through a sticky patch. My support is there through thick and thin. That doesn't mean that I accept any drivel or below-par performances. I turn up to show my support. If people can't give their, albeit qualified, support then maybe it is best that they don't attend games. No side, nor any set of supporters, has a divine right to win anything. Teams have to work hard to win trophies. All I ask is that players and coaching staff give of their best. However, I'm not going to throw my dummy out of the pram if things go a little pear-shaped occasionally.

In the final analysis, the team this season (IMO) has shown more skill and willingness to play open, entertaining rugby than ever. I'm prepared to give this initiative time (but not too much!) to come to fruition.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

Razza, there's no dummies being thrown. And I am not turning a positive thread into a negative one. And I will be making as much noise (which is usually a lot) in support of the Warriors this weekend as I do every other. Cheers of delight and groans of despair - THEY ALL COUNT.

However, my point remains, that I support the Warriors as an Ethos, as a Club and as a Culture - and I do so UNCONDITIONALLY. I am a Warrior through and through. The stickers that remain on my car through thick and thin, and despite the litany of abuse I receive along my travels are a testament to that.

What I don't however support unconditionally is any individual player, coach or manager over and above that Club ethos. Therefore, My support of My team is as valid as anyone Else's - should you choose to manifest yours differently, I have no issue with that, and I would think you should have no issue with the way in which I manifest mine. Unless of course opinions are not like ass-holes and not everyone is entitled to have one?

We are all in it for the CLUB. Whether we are all in it for managers and players is a matter of personal opinion and prefernce. And whether the players and managers are in it for the club is for them to prove (consistently) on the field.

Anyway, funny you should get on my case about my post when Hill, Grovesy and Percival have all come out this week to say exactly this (well, paraphrased at least) - that it is now up to the PLAYERS to repay the faith in the Supporters through a good performance on the field. As of Saturday the ball will be in their court. Simple.

I'll be there and I'll be shouting my head off. That's a given. But will the squad?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:20 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I will be supporting as ever, and shouting as I always do, supporting the team as ever. I do have to say though that I and others do have the right to criticise when player do not seem as hungry for victory as the fans.
Can anyone answer this question though, we have a general manager at worcester who is determined to create 'a match day atmosphere', by beer tents, dancing girls, bands etc etc in order to bring spectators to sixways, can this man not grasp that the thing that will bring spectators to sixways in there hundreds if not thousands is a successful RUGBY team and what happens on the pitch. Everything else is not important.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 am 
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

From what I have seen this season our team seem to put in a performance if they think it matters. If they think the cup is no longer theirs to win, we get a poor performance. Once a top 6 finish looks unlikely then again we get a no show. Perhaps with the pack chasing hard each game becomes relevant again.

By the way, those who think only the on field action matters then think again. As a business the club needs to use any available means to give a match day experience, whether it is beer sales, dancing girls or anything else. Not everyone turns up just to watch rugby. Some people are after a day out. As I mentioned on a previous thread, this is not a competition over who is the best supporter. All supporters matter and we should back our team as the next result is always the one that counts.