WORCESTER WARRIORS FORUM
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Signings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Dave I'm not sure that the loss of 4/5 of our young stars is clearing out dead wood!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Powick Eastander wrote:
Would replacing Hill be beneficial? I doubt it would have the slightest impact on our ability to retain and recruit.

If Hilly left then MK Would stay.
Simples!
If MK stays it would have a massive knock on effect, and others would follow suit!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

But youngsters left before in terms of Dylan, Wood etc. Clearing out the deadwood is not applying to loosing MM etc. its too losinh Kai, JC and that crowd who have been at the club sometime and not helped us progress despite years of opportunity under various coaches to do so. Perhaps RH getting rid of the 25 year old and upwards who have been at the club for our years of under achievement is exactly what we need to do.

P2301 - You have said this a number of times without having any proof other than your typing I assume it is rubbish. You a well known Hill out merchant and are simply using MK contract to back your posistion up in your own head.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

In the past it has only been an odd young star each year, the present situation is more serious. Kai left last year and we are talking about the present. Unlike P2301 I'm not calling for RH to go but believe me there is an issue here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Ok lets talk about the present. JC leaving not nailed a regular start in 8 years under 3 DOR's clearly not good enough to do so so him leaving is dead wood. Best may leave as well an older player who we have signed a current international to replace him or if Leo comes into replace Cowan then we still have an international player in to replace him.

Perhaps Hill is getting rid of players who cannot fit into the more attacking system and offloading game we are trying to play this year.

Clearly losing the likes of MM and MK is annoying RH wants to keep them but if they want to move to a bigger club or fresh surroundings then so be it. I didn't see anyone calling for the DOR to go when Blaze, Dylan or Wood left. Players want to win things and aside the Championship Worcester have never won anything maybe thats the reason they are leaving. You can claim thats RH fault but he is working on a much smaller budget than the MR era of big spending on big name players and that achieved the same success, in fact that high spending big named era achieved us relegation. What a success.

We are also building for long term success and doing it gradually not trying to achieve it overnight like some want and demand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

dave32 wrote:
We are also building for long term success and doing it gradually not trying to achieve it overnight like some want and demand.

Exactly. Yes, Exeter have done it, but they are the exception.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

dave32 wrote:
But youngsters left before in terms of Dylan, Wood etc. Clearing out the deadwood is not applying to loosing MM etc. its too losinh Kai, JC and that crowd who have been at the club sometime and not helped us progress despite years of opportunity under various coaches to do so. Perhaps RH getting rid of the 25 year old and upwards who have been at the club for our years of under achievement is exactly what we need to do.

P2301 - You have said this a number of times without having any proof other than your typing I assume it is rubbish. You a well known Hill out merchant and are simply using MK contract to back your posistion up in your own head.

Hold on a minute ........ I don't have an issue with Hilly, and to be honest he has moved the club forward. It makes no difference to me whether he stays or goes. If Hilly left tomorrow, then I'd put my mortgage on MK staying!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Am I missing something here ? Why do you say MK would stay if RH went ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:28 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

P2301 - You keep saying that if RH goes the MK stays please explain why? You don't appear able too I therefore believe it to be a comment designed to get people on the RH out bandwagon that a minority of fans want.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

@dav32 There was a rumor that Matt Kvesic would stay if Hill left, but it wasn't confirmed.

But for the good of the forum I recommend you take a slightly less overpowering tone, as you sound very angry about someone else's perfectly reasonable opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 pm 
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Got to agree with Dave32 on this. I have been to all the prem home games this season and seen better rugby than in the previous 8 seasons.

For anyone who doesn't understand why the clear out happens then allow me to explain. All coaches want their own team with players who fit into their way of coaching and playing. Sometimes good players don't fit into a team and sometimes they find a coach hard to work with. As a coach you cannot be all things to all people. Andre Shevchenko went to Chelsea and didn't fit in. He was an amazing footballer but not the choice of the coach as his style didn't fit in.

If MK and MM don't like RH's style then they should leave for the benefit of the team and any disruption it causes. Personally, I'd like them to stay but you don't get everything you want. What they might find out is the likes of Cockerill, Gold and Mallinder are no more cuddly than RH. The only difference is they might be allowed to win something by the RFU.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

It's not a reasonable opinion to write a baseless fact.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Sorry Dave but it's not baseless however I suggest that we call it a day to this issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 am 
Private
Private

I am all for healthy debate, but I think dave32 makes a reasonable point. Everyone is entitled to state their opinion, but people sometimes fail to distinguish between opinions (or assumptions) and facts. Where are the grounds to support the comments re. MK v RH, or lots of the other conspiracy theories that appear on the forum? Nevertheless, I am sure everyone accepts that the forum is a reasonable place to speculate on these matters. Come to think of it, I also don't think 'I met a bloke, who knows a bloke that told him on good authority' etc. qualifies as fact. Entertaining or thought provoking maybe, but not fact.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Patgadd wrote:
dave32 wrote:

Exactly. Yes, Exeter have done it, but they are the exception.
Exeter Chiefs are half way through their third season in the Aviva Premier. Exeter currently sits five points above Worcester in the table so can be said to be level with the Warriors given those lost points in the Bath and Gloucester fiascos. One could scarcely describe 2.5 seasons as "long term success" and the Chiefs' recent league form has been less than stellar.
I have yet to hear any acceptable explanation of how the steady drain of our very best emerging talent to "bigger" clubs fits into the plan of "building for long term success.