WORCESTER WARRIORS FORUM
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sale match
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:11 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Magicbaz wrote:
Cueto scores in the corner Cipriani converts. Johnny Arr on - lets hope he can inject some pace and put us on the front foot. It sounds a very dour game - even if we have had two sin bins. Sale down to 14 men and we need to get a bit of a grip or this one is going to slip away from us!

And that's just what happened!! another "just missed opportunity", Just not up to the task, Just another away LOSS!! Just got to do better... :smt009

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

You can tell the players are annoyed if you follow twitter, I hope they play gor each other next week and smash the tigers. As next week it's going to be a massive match for the forwards.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

My biggest frustration is that with a back line stuffed full of the highest talent we do not seem to get the same space for them to play in as most of our opposition. Just sometime I believe a cathartic moment will come that will unlock this team . There is a bit too much introspection in this forum and maybe a bit too much in the squad.As soon as we get league 32 points under our belt maybe the inhibitions will disappear for the rest of the season .No matter what Hill or anyone else says I can see after Friday's game why Sale are bottom===to be honest we blew it by not sticking to what we were doing well and made a few crucial errors of judgement. ( Like trying to run from our own line when given a penalty that would have taken us up field with a chance of possession at the throw in===just when we had added weight to the scrum with noticeable effect .)And some silly errors like crossing in the line out when in a great field position .Sale played with desperation and we simply did not seem to know how to work that to our advantage --in my view they were vulnerable to the controlled approach we had in the first quarter and after our great riposte to their first try should have been able to keep the pressure on.
That game was there for the taking ,at 9 nil up you could feel the Sale team and supporters sagging .At the end it was us.Somehow the squad will need their morale lifting---they are big enough(physically ) and skillful enough and if they can recover the terrific determination and self belief of recent weeks some more good wins will follow. Morale is vital, the boys need praise and positive re-inforcement ,not the opposite.Come on coaches find the right formula and lets see a spring in the step when the team comes out on Friday -Leicester? 15 men ,same as us.Things happen in rugby, as much with attitude and the run of the ball. What chance were England given against the best All-Blacks ever?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:32 am 
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

A fairly decent first half and then we were poor in the second half and outplayed by Sale. All the usual failings on show - penalties, knock-on's, yellow cards and more. When they were down to 14 men they scored a try with a 3 man overlap.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

old col, last time we made ourselves safe, we suffered 3 really bad home performances last season, that badly affected ticket take up for this season.
I would prefer that we have to fight to the last game of the season rather than suffer the the so called rugby and effort served up in those games.