WORCESTER WARRIORS FORUM
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Irresponsible supporters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:09 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

xraysteve

You are right in that the police are not responsible for traffic management within the Sixways complex, but the main road (public highway and a designated clearway) are still the responsibility of the police and that of the local traffic enforcement officers if traffic violations are being committed. It was decriminalized some years ago as an offence which then allowed local authorities to take over the employment of traffic wardens as they were up until then police employees.

The Droitwich police officer for that area has in fact issued over 100 FPN's around that area on matchdays so far and will continue to do so, be warned.

You are right in that police issued ticket fines end up with central government and council issued ticket fines stay with the local authority but I do not think Wychavon Council that covers that area have ever sent there own officers to enforce the clearway regulations could be a bit of an earner for the local council funds if they did.

Offerton Lane could be made a no waiting area on a temporary basis if the police placed the necessary traffic cones out for match days only, which I hope they do, FPN's could then be issued which might then eventually put an end to the problem as at £30 a go makes the day a bit expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm 
Major General
Major General

MUPPET

What a peculiar attitude - have you considered changing your pseudonym to Dog in the manger man?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

MGI

Name calling tut tut.

'Peculiar attitude' to point out the consequences of illegality even if it may seem trivial to you, me thinks you have your priorities a bit skewed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:47 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

How about the club don't charge a stupid amount of money to park and maybe we won't park there. I will continue to park there and so will all the other people so for people to say you hope we get ticketed.... Bugger off!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:51 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

I manage a small car park as part of my job and it is a huge nightmare.

The recent Protection of Freedoms Act which became law on 1st October 2012, makes very interesting reading and puts a new perspective on parking.

I have had people threaten me and my family, scream and shout at me and bully my staff all because they have been asked not to park in our car park.

Regardless of all the debate on this website and the rights and wrongs of each argument, one thing will remain.....

...some people will drive cars that cost a lot of money and spend a lot of time avoiding spending money on car parking fees and that alone shows how their minds work, so good luck to them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Jeeves I don't agree with that, they must be @rses and all the best to your car park.Can't you star one on the verges

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

With the greatest respect to back bench experts who value their freedoms the level of parking around the entrance and on the verges, as well as on the autocross site has reached a stage where someone is going to get knocked over or seriously injured.

We travel north bound up the M5 from the club car park and now have people stepping into the road in front of moving cars in the dark, bouncing of verges, and even more worryingly crossing the M5 slip road access where vehicles are accelerating down the motorway. I wouldn't like to be the policeman who has to sort out the incident where an unsuspecting driver knocks a child over in the dark. But at least they won't have paid to park!

I choose to pay to park to avoid the hassle. 4x4 drivers seem to need to test their cross country credentials at home games!

Curmudgeonly Old Chap who has spent a life dealing with arguments about traffic regulation etc....

:smt018 :smt018 :smt018

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm going to add that it was a nightmare for those of us trying to get to training last Thursday (Westons-the amateur pitches across from Sixways) because there were so many cars parked down that road. There was only enough space for one car to travel down at some points especially near the gate to Westons as some parked so inconsiderately. Some even parked at Westons...they normally lock the gates at night so I'm intrigued to know whether any of them got locked in or not!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

At least they got free parking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

True but they would've had to pay for their journey home!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 pm 
Major General
Major General

THE RISE OF THE MERCHANT BANKER

The scenario regarding the narrowing of the road caused by parking on the verges could accurately describe dozens of the smaller roads within the city confines. Even main roads such as Wylds Lane & the London road are frequently down to a single lane due to parking (legitimately) What would you have us do (comments addressed to the muppets) park our vehicles in a multi storey and take a cab, or bicycle over to the stadium, or perhaps you would prefer that we stayed at home? Equally the occasion of people stepping onto the road unexpectedly (?) is an every day occurrence wherever you go! Whilst I agree that it is regrettable that these people appear oblivious to the risks they are taking (if it occurs with the frequency reported- which I strongly doubt) if a motorist is driving in such conditions (cars parked, people moving about on foot, restricted road space etc.)I would suggest that they slow down, much in the same way that they would if it was a horse or suchlike! Simples!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I understand your point about drivers driving according to the conditions, MGI, and agree with it.

I think it's also legitimate to argue that motorists should park their cars in a way that does not cause an obstruction or pose a danger to other road users.

There is a distinction between the roads you mention, where there are pavements for pedestrians and street lighting, and the roads the subject of discussion here, where there are no street lights and the lack of a pavement may well force pedestrians out into the carriageway.

It is not as though the club doesn't provide safer alternatives, e.g. the park and rides, park and walk, and the companies on the industrial estate who provide secure parking for a fee.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:46 am 
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

MGI I agree 100%, there are no paths down there anyway or lights do ban pedestrians then, get of your cars and fly!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm 
Major General
Major General

ROAD SAGE

Whilst I accept your point, Bertram, relating to the footpaths in the city and the absence thereof in the lanes referred to in the course of this thread, there are many narrow streets within the city boundary where motorists park on the pavement and pedestrians are compelled to cross the road to access the opposite pathway, and in doing so cause the identical problems (subjectively perceived) as those under discussion - In many cases the alternative to parking on the pavement would be gridlock and chaos. The solution is to drive past obstacles at a sensible speed and exercise caution at all times... hardly rocket science, it is comprehensively covered in the highway code!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Just because it's legal to park along some roads it doesn't make it safe to do so.